Some bullet points from his sermon.
- 2 Timothy 4 – It is the Apostle Paul’s last words. I pray that this encapsulates my life.
- I am hoping for that day when I finish the race for God.
- The only way the church is going to change is if you as an individual decide to make disciples.
- As you reproduce yourself that way, don’t worry about creating a giant movement, just do it.
- Just give it a shot, and don’t regret it. If you don’t do it, then you will regret it.
- In our churches we don’t take it in order to pass it on. We just absorb and take it in for ourselves.
“Although I consider myself pretty secure in my relationship with God, I have to confess, I love when people like me. Ever since I was in high school, I loved to be the popular guy. And then I read the Word of God, and think about the popular prophets of that time. Paul’s rejection. Jesus’ rejection. Jeremiah. Ezekiel. Keep doing it even though it becomes unpopular.”
I learned under KP Johannan in India. He has led over 2 million people to the Lord. They plant 13 churches per day. The thing I got from him, was that he loves me. He said to me, “Francis, I pray for you everyday. In fact I pray for you 3 times per day.” Now that is humbling. Why do you find time to pray for me? “I believe God wants to do something through you, if you are willing to be lonely. Are you willing to be lonely? The moment you start caring about what everyone else thinks that is the moment you will have nothing else to say that is worth listening to. Don’t look at me, because right now I’m popular and it is easy to follow someone who is popular. There will come a time when people will not put up with what we are talking about.”
- I don’t know what the church is going look like in the future, but i think God wants us to pray for each other, and love each other, and disciple others.
- Pray for each other’s boldness. It is not that you don’t know enough, it is just that you are scared.