The Pursuit of Happiness: Rich young ruler (Matt 19)
- Beauty will not bring personal happiness.
- Possessions will not bring personal happiness.
- Relationships will not bring personal happiness.
- Pursuing pleasure will not bring personal happiness.
- Read: Matthew 19:16–22
- Whatever you give up to follow Jesus will be more than worth it!
- Whoever takes the Son gets it all.
How can I be saved?
- Admit that you are a sinner.
Romans 3:23 says, “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
Matthew 5:48 tells us God’s standard: “be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect.”
- Realize that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you.
John 3:16: “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.”
Romans 5:8: “God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Receive Jesus Christ into your life.
Have you asked Jesus to come into your life?
Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if you will hear My voice and open the door, I will come in.”
- Do it publicly.
Jesus said, “whoever acknowledges me before men, I will acknowledge before My Father who is in Heaven.”
- Do it now.
The Bible says, “Today is the day of salvation.”
Jesus said, “Whoever is not with Me is against me. . .”
3 …that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, 4 and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.
—1 Corinthians 15:3, 4
19 …I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that you may live.
36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.