Here are some bullet points from yesterday’s historic first live stream event from Harvest America.
- Many Americans think they are Christians, but really are not.
- There is an emptiness in every life without Christ.
- It is an emptiness for God Himself.
- Everyone is lonely.
- Everyone is afraid to die.
- This conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus is really a conversation between God and man.
Read: John 3:1–10
- Jesus did not say, “Admire Me;” He said, “Follow Me!”
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- “God So Loved”
- “He Gave”
- “Whoever Believes”
- Believe means “to adhere to, commit to, have faith in, rely upon, trust in.”
- “Whoever believes Should Not Perish”
- Admit that you are a sinner.
Romans 3:23 says, “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
Matthew 5:48 tells us God’s standard: “be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect.”
- Realize that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you.
John 3:16: “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.”
Romans 5:8: “God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Jesus came to pay a debt He did not owe because we owed a debt we could not pay.
- Repent of your sin.
Acts 17:30: “But now He commands all people everywhere to repent.”
2 Corinthians 7:10: “For Godly sorrow leads to repentance that leads to salvation without regret…”
- Receive Jesus Christ into your life.
- Have you asked Jesus to come into your life?
- Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if you will hear My voice and open the door, I will come in.”
- Do it publicly.
- Jesus said, “whoever acknowledges me before men, I will acknowledge before My Father who is in Heaven.”
- Do it now.
- The Bible says, “Today is the day of salvation.”
- Jesus said, “Whoever is not with Me is against me…”